Space is limited. Advance sign up recommended.
Develop a new understanding of what it means to breathe beyond your basic inhale/exhale.
Pranayama is control of Breath. "Prana" is Breath or vital energy in the body. On subtle levels prana represents the pranic energy responsible for life or life force, and "ayama" means control. So Pranayama is "Control of Breath".
This 4-hour, True Breath, pranayama workshop, is designed to build a conscious and joyful relationship with your breath both on and off the mat. You’ll lengthen and strengthen your breathing with progressive patterns and guided meditations, which will transform your practice and improve your health on and off the mat.
Matching a different breath with each of the 8 Limbs of Yoga (The Yamas & Niyamas) your asana practice will only deepen. While yoga is most accessible to the masses through movement (asana, the third limb of yoga), the other 7 limbs can be used as a source to not only deepen your physical practice but can help you embody the soul of yoga both on and off your mat.
One can control the rhythms of pranic energy with pranayama and achieve healthy body and mind. Patanjali in his text of Yoga Sutras mentioned pranayama as means of attaining higher states of awareness, he mentions the holding of breath as important practice of reaching Samadhi. Hatha Yoga also talks about 8 types of pranayama which will make the body and mind healthy.
There is breath beyond your every day inhale/exhale. Combing TRUE BREATH techniques, meditation and a basic understanding of the 8 Limbs, you will start to create space, cultivate calm, and connect with your creative center beyond your mat.
In this workshop you will:
• Learn 7 new breath techniques:
1. Natural Breathing, SamaVritti
2. Basic Abdominal Breathing
3. Yogic Breathing
4. Nadi Shodhana - Alternate Nostril Breathing
5. Ujjayi Breath
6. Bhramari-Humming Bee Breath
7. Kapalabhati Breath
• Be lead through a short guided meditation with each breath
• The basics of the 8 Limbs of Yoga (The Yamas & Niyamas)
• Improve lung capacity and diaphragm mobility
• Reduce anxiety and physical tension
• Stimulate creativity and inspiration
• Open up a new understanding to your physical practice that allows you to take it to the next level